81 Avenue de la Grande Armée
See also Gentil et Cie
Rue J.P. Timbaud
The Paris-built Alcyon make introduced its first
model in 1904, and soon after won a reputation for their motorcycles.
1904 the factory assembled its first motorcycle.
It was equipped with a Swiss Zédel engine, from the firm of Zurcher
& Luthi in St. Aubin.
In 1906 a Zédel factory was opened in
la Ferriere sur Jougne in France and one year later the Swiss factory closed.
Soon after that the French Zedel factory
was brought under the complete control of Alcyon.
Subsequently most Alcyon motorcycles would be
equipped with Zédel or Zurcher engines.
1925 only JAP
engines were used.
In the early twenties several makes were taken
over, such as Labor, Theomann, Française Diamant and Olympique.
After 1945 mostly light motorcycles, scooters
and mopeds were produced till the giant Peugeot took over in 1954.
Information: Yesterdays.nl, Edited by si dogdragon